Apply for Find Your Future
Find Your Future is a paid summer internship program for students across the state who have been involved with DCFS. We match you with a business that meets your academic and professional interests, with specific support to help you get ahead.
Apply now for 2020
We are now accepting applications for summer 2020! Apply today to secure your spot through this competitive process. You’ll need to submit:
- This FYF program application
- Your resume
- 1-2 letters of recommendation
- An unofficial college transcript
- A writing sample that outlines why you’re applying for Find Your Future
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified via phone. Interviews will take place January 6 through January 28 in Chicago. Applicants who reside out of state or more than one hour from Chicago will be accommodated via a virtual interview.
- are enrolled full-time in a college (university or community)
- participte in Youth in College or Youth in Scholarship programs
- are in an ILO, TLP, or Foster Care program
- have a GPA of at least 2.0
Prior to beginning an internship, all students must attend a 4-day mandatory professional curriculum beginning May 19, 2020. These intensive prep days will cover office etiquette, financial literacy, resume writing, interviewing, professional social media etiquette, team-building, a service project, professional networking and business dinner etiquette. As made available, the program includes optional activities, which allow participants to build peer-to-peer relationships networks. Also mandatory is a closing luncheon at the end of the program, which is scheduled for July 31, 2020.
Questions? Contact Liz Mulkern: (773) 292-4064 or [email protected]