Get InvolvedJoin Our Associate Board
Kaleidoscope’s Associate Board is a group of enthusiastic individuals between the ages of 21 and 40 working together to promote Kaleidoscope’s mission. Members of the Associate Board draw upon their expertise, personal and professional networks, and creativity to provide additional organizational, advocacy and financial support to fulfill the agency’s mission.
The Associate Board’s self-determined mission is to energize Kaleidoscope’s mission and vision through child welfare advocacy, community engagement, and fundraising.
Why join the Associate Board?
- To directly support some of Chicago’s most vulnerable children, families and communities through a variety of advocacy efforts
- To give back to our community by volunteering your time, skills and expertise
- To gain hands-on experience in non-profits, fundraising, event planning and child welfare
- To meet new people with different backgrounds and similar interests
Board Member Expectations
- Actively contribute skills and expertise to various Associate Board efforts
- Attend monthly meetings (two hours, in person or via phone) and social events
- Build partnerships with businesses, organizations and other institutions in Chicago
- Develop events and opportunities that further serve our youth and families
- Design volunteer and engagement opportunities for our community
- Serve as an ambassador for Kaleidoscope, its families and its mission
- Commit to a one-year term to ensure smooth transitions and productive campaigns
- Accomplish individually-set goals of attending events, fundraising, recruitment, etc.
Who should apply?
We are looking for members coming from diverse backgrounds, careers, skill areas and fields. No previous experience in child welfare or nonprofit work is required. If you are passionate about growing your own skills, empowering Chicago’s children and communities and working collaboratively to support our agency’s mission, we want to hear from you!
For more information or to apply, contact Amanda Espitia:
[email protected] or 773-292-4074.