We believe in helping youth become self-sufficient. Through our Find Your Future program, we match young people with employers in our community who give them a chance to build their resume, develop job readiness skills and grow their professional networks.
Find Your Future Program
The young people in our programs work hard to attend college and/or build their careers. Given their circumstances, they cannot afford to take unpaid internships or apprenticeships to build their resumes and develop their professional networks. Through partnerships with local businesses, Kaleidoscope matches youth with paid working opportunities that set them up for future vocational and financial success.
Our Find Your Future Program provides 10-week paid summer internships and vocational training for current and former foster youth who are attending college. When Kaleidoscopes’ clients enroll in this program, we pair them with employers throughout Chicago and Illinois who are committed to offering valuable work experiences for foster youth. They are also invited to participate in resume workshops, mock interviews, team-building activities, community volunteering and a professional etiquette dinner. With these career opportunities, youth gain valuable experience, build their resumes and make professional connections within their chosen field.
Our internship partners have included:
- Freeport Memorial Hospital
- Chicago Police Department
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- St. Louis Police Department
- Jackson County Sheriff Department
- Tap in Academy
- Midwest Orthopedic Institute
- Congresswoman Robin Kelly
- CLM Midwest Construction
- Acceleration Pro Athletic Training
- United African Organization
- Quad City Chamber of Commerce
- Valid USA
- Niagara Foundation
- Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Family Matters
- RELO Direct
- Christopher House
- La Rabida Children’s Hospital
- Windy City Times
- Cook County Juvenile Courts
In addition to the structured job-readiness programs we offer, Kaleidoscope hosts activities throughout the year to get our families engaged in their community. Children and caregivers in any of our programs are invited to regular enrichment events, including tours of Chicago’s museums, trips to cultural festivals and events around the city, and volunteer activities to clean up parks and help our neighbors.
Our Impact: Find Your Future
- In 2016, we secured 10-week internships for 27 current and former foster youth through our Find Your Future program.
- 100 percent of participants in Find Your Future identified new skills that they gained from the program, and 96 percent improved their financial self-sufficiency.
How You Can Help
There are multiple ways to get involved with Find Your Future. As an employer or professional, you can volunteer your time or sponsor Find Your Future internships, professional development opportunities and more for young people. See our sponsorship levels and learn more here.
Young adults in our vocational programs need professional attire to help them succeed in the workplace. We accept donations of new or gently used suits, slacks, dress shirts, blouses, nylons, dress shoes and other clothing to help our youth succeed. To host a clothing drive or make a donation, contact us.