Make a Donation#GivingTuesday
Happy #GivingTuesday! Donations made today support our arts and enrichment programs to help children and youth heal from trauma in Chicago.
#GivingTuesday: Arts Programming & Other Enrichment Opportunities
Since re-launching our arts programming through Giving Tuesday 2016, we have hosted more than 100 young people for multiple impactful arts camps and other activities. Our kids are thrilled with these special days to blend therapeutic techniques, communications strategies and the arts to gain new skills and have fun!
#GivingTuesday 2018 is no different. We’ve set our goal at $15,000 to continue funding our arts camps, activities and other enrichment programming to help our young people heal. And we need your help!
Your donations go incredibly far for kids at Kaleidoscope, and we’re counting on your support! Our state funding does not cover these programs, so we rely fully on your generosity to make them happen.
Each of the young people we serve has experienced trauma and has specialized mental health, behavioral, medical and/or pregnancy and parenting needs. Your generous support on #GivingTuesday provides the arts programming youth need to express themselves, heal and have fun.
Led by our clinicians and local artists, our arts activities:
- Equip our clients to express themselves through a variety of art mediums, encouraging their continued healing and communication in healthy, effective ways that best work for them and their specific needs.
- Bring the artistic resources, tools and other organizations right to our clients, so they can build relationships and networks of support outside of their services with Kaleidoscope.
- Provide our young people with all-day care during their breaks from school, ensuring their safety and providing caregivers with free childcare. (Learn more about our violence prevention efforts via our YEAH Initiative.)
How Your Dollars Help
Donations made on #GivingTuesday make our arts programs and other enrichment opportunities possible – and your dollars go incredibly far at Kaleidoscope. Here are some ways your gifts can be used to cover our costs:
- $25 can cover the snacks at one day of camp
- $50 can cover the supplies for one camp session
- $100 can sponsor a child for our arts camp, covering their entire expenses for a week (transportation, meals, snacks and supplies)
- $250 can cover the costs of a one-day program at Kaleidoscope, for arts or another enrichment activity
Other Ways to Get Involved
We’re calling on every one of our supporters – Facebook fans, friends of our board, Chicagoans who care about helping children heal – to donate today in honor of #GivingTuesday. There are plenty of other ways to get involved with us, too!
- Become a foster parent to open your home to a child who needs love, care and support.
- Subscribe to our e-updates, with occasional emails about our programs and services.
- Join our volunteer leadership via our board of directors or associates board.
- Volunteer to help with our food drive, which ensures our families in need can enjoy a holiday meal this season. Contact Liz to get started.
#GivingTuesday is an internationally-recognized day of charitable giving, landing on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. Learn more at GivingTuesday.org.