Make a Donation#GivingTuesday
Save the date: #GivingTuesday 2017 will be November 28! Join us then by making a donation to support our Arts Camps for children and youth served at Kaleidoscope.
#GivingTuesday: Arts Camps
Since our founding more than 40 years ago, Kaleidoscope’s teams have always incorporated art into our healing services. But as state funding has continually been cut, so have many of our programs. With help from individuals like you, #GivingTuesday kicked-off our revitalized programming and funded our Winter 2016 and Spring 2017 Arts Camps!
Each of the young people we serve has experienced trauma and has specialized mental health, behavioral, medical and/or pregnancy and parenting needs. We believe that arts programming offers youth an opportunity to express themselves, heal and have fun. Through our arts camps, we bring some of Chicago’s most exciting teaching artists and arts organizations right to the young people we serve.
Led by our clinicians and local artists, our Arts Camps:
- Equip our clients to express themselves through a variety of art mediums, encouraging their continued healing and communication in healthy, effective ways that best work for them and their specific needs.
- Bring the artistic resources, tools and other organizations right to our clients, so they can build relationships and networks of support outside of their services with Kaleidoscope.
- Provide our young people with all-day care during their breaks from school, ensuring their safety and providing caregivers with free childcare. (Learn more about our violence prevention efforts via our YEAH Initiative.)
How Your Dollars Help
Donations made on #GivingTuesday make our Arts Camps possible. Funds raised cover the costs of:
- Art supplies, including paint, paper, markers, brushes and more
- Transportation, so we can safely get our clients from home to camp and back again
- Lunches and snacks for clients during camp
- Our visiting artists’ hard costs, such as supplies and travel
2016 #GivingTuesday Recap
Thank you to all who supported our Winter & Spring Arts Camps by donating on #GivingTuesday 2016! More than 70 donors contributed more than $7,100 to support this special opportunity for the children and young people we serve. Through this generous support, our young people enjoyed week-long sessions over winter and spring breaks to learn new art mediums, express themselves creatively, and have a safe place for them to be when school was out.
Other Ways to Get Involved
We’re calling on every one of our supporters – Facebook fans, friends of our board, Chicagoans who care about helping children heal – to donate today in honor of #GivingTuesday. There are plenty of other ways to get involved with us, too!
- Make a gift now to support all of our vital services.
- Become a foster parent to open your home to a child who needs love, care and support.
- Subscribe to our e-updates, with occasional emails about our programs and services.
- Join our volunteer leadership via our board of directors or associates board.
- Volunteer to help with our food drive, which ensures our families in need can enjoy a holiday meal this season. Contact Liz to get started.
#GivingTuesday is an internationally-recognized day of charitable giving, landing on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. Learn more at GivingTuesday.org.