Get InvolvedJoin Our Associate Board
Kaleidoscope’s Associate Board is a committee of individuals between the ages of 21 and 40 who work together to promote Kaleidoscope and its work. Members of the Associate Board draw upon their expertise, personal and professional networks, and creativity to provide additional organizational and financial support to fulfill the agency’s mission.
The Associate Board’s goals will not be predetermined. Once the group is assembled, we will work together to develop our primary and secondary goals, such as:
- Serving as an ambassador for and raising awareness of Kaleidoscope, its clients and its mission
- Raising funds by planning online campaigns, fundraising events, happy hours, etc.
- Building partnerships with businesses, organizations and other institutions in Chicago
- Designing volunteer and engagement opportunities for our community
- Developing events and opportunities that further serve our youth and their families
- Leading advocacy initiatives related to Kaleidoscope’s mission and work
Why join the Associate Board?
- To directly support some of Chicago’s most vulnerable children, families, and communities
- To give back to our community by volunteering your time, skills, and expertise
- To gain hands-on experience in nonprofits, fundraising, event planning and child welfare
- To creatively and collaboratively build a philanthropic body from the ground up
- To meet new people with different backgrounds and similar interests
Associate Board members will be expected to attend quarterly meetings (1-2 hours, in person or via phone) and all Board events. Sub-committees may be asked to meet separately. Members must commit to a one-year term, beginning in January 2017.
Who should apply?
We are looking for Associate Board members coming from diverse backgrounds, careers, skill areas, and fields. No previous experience in child welfare or nonprofit work is required. If you are passionate about empowering Chicago’s children and communities and eager to work collaboratively to support our agency’s mission, we want to hear from you!
For more information or to apply, contact Liz Mulkern:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-292-4067.